- ESTA - Visa Waiver Program
- • Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) allows certain visitors to enter the U.S. for business or tourism purposes. However, while a stay of 90 days is allowed, an individual admitted under the Visa Waiver Program cannot extend, change, or adjust status. (The exceptions are spouses and minor children (under 21) of U.S. Citizens)
- Tourist Visa (B-1/B-2)
- In general, 6 months stay authorized upon entry, but may file paperwork to change status before the current period expires
- (E-2) – Treaty Investors
- For certain foreign nationals, they can start a business in the U.S. under authorized stay.
- They must be citizens of a treaty country with the United States
- Student Visa (F-1)
- For international students wishing to study in the U.S., they must get an I-20 from SEVIS and apply for a student visa or student status. For those changing to student status, they must maintain nonimmigrant status while the F-1 application is pending
- Professional Work Visa (H-1B)
- Individuals carrying out a "specialty occupation" requiring at least a bachelor's degree may apply for an H-1B through their sponsor
- Intra-transferee employees (L-1)
- Qualifying subsidiary or affiliate company of a foreign country may petition for an L-1 visa for its employee to work in the U.S.
- Religious Workers (R-1)
- Individuals working in a religious vocation or occupation may work in the U.S. for a qualifying religious organization or denomination / The individual must have maintained membership within the same denomination for the immediate 2 years
- Exchange Visitors (J-1)
- For those visiting for educational, research, or training purposes (Ex: research professors, students, exchange students, etc.)
- Department of State designates a public or private company to be a sponsor of the J-1 applicant
- For Examples : Professor / Students, etc
Mr. Lee is a life saver. My wife and I ran out of status while in the US because of laws that changed in the meantime. I reached out to Mr. Lee and he was able to literary save our life and gain our status back. He was very professional and knew exactly the steps and paperwork to file. I highly recommend him to anyone in need of an immigration lawyer.Benjamin Tone
영주권 서류를 이현철 변호사님 통해 했는데요 빠르고 정확하게 서류준비를 할 수 있도록 도와주시고 이메일로도 계속 진행과정을 말씀해주셔서 좋았습니다.
케이스마다 걸리는 시간은 다를 수 있겠지만 인터뷰까지 결과를 얻기까지도 아주 빠르게 진행되었습니다.
이민 변호사님 찾으시는 분들께 추천드립니다.kelly Kim
E2 신분변경 후 1년4개월 동안 영주권 진행하면서 E-mail, 전화 연락 잘 받아 주셔서 감사합니다.
역시~ 소문대로 연락 잘 되시고 친절합니다.
변호사님 사무실에 다른 직원분들도 답답한 마음에 연락 하면 친절히 답변 주셔서 감사합니다.
연락 잘 되는 변호사님이 최고입니다!Sungjae Lee